Tuesday, October 11, 2016

We Need to Talk about Pussy-Grabbing

Ok. I can’t shut up about this. I can’t.

The problem with all this pussy-grabbing isn’t that the maybe future president (WTF) assaults (demeans) women. It’s that women get assaulted all the time and no one gives a shit. Most don’t even know that it is a thing that happens as often as it does. Look at any audience footage of music festivals. If there is a woman on a man's shoulders, topless or not, you will see hands reach up and grab her boobs.

I have been assaulted many times and I am one of many. It happens less the older I get and I am like, “Finally!” All I had to do was give up and move to Murfreesboro. I will list a few of of those instances here. Stay woke:

  • I was told I have “nice tits” at a Michael’s when I was heading to the yarn aisle. When I didn’t take that very well, I was told to take it as a compliment. V complimentary.

  • On Beale St, the last time I went to Musicfest, there was a huge crowd of people we were all trying to get through. Hands locked so we wouldn’t lose each other, we made our way to the nearest way out. I was groped, as in my tits were grabbed on purpose, four times. These were not accidents. Brushing up against a boob is an accident. Having a stranger squeeze your boob is assualt. And four different men, in the matter of a few minutes, thought it was totes ok to grab a woman’s breast. Maybe even thought they were entitled to it, since I was dress so provocatively in a t-shirt. There were a lot of elbows to the face that night. I know I for sure stomped the shit out of some assholes foot. Haven’t been to Musicfest since.

  • Years of dancing in clubs with numerous penises rubbed up against me. And I am even willing to call that a wash. But when I make it very clear that I am not into that at this moment, there are always a select few that don’t take it well. “Lesbian!!!” Ok. Sure.

  • At a party, I made clear to everyone that I was leaving, by myself, to go to bed, which just so happened to be next door. A guy took that to mean I wanted him to follow me to  bed. As I laughed hysterically at his misunderstanding, he continued to force himself into the apartment with a, “You’re so funny! Let me in!” still trying to pull the seductive sleepy eye and trying to get his foot in the door, literally. I have no issue slamming the door on someone’s foot especially when they try and guilt me into letting them in bc they “don’t take rejection well.” Let me tell you what I don’t give a fuck about… It ended, thankfully, with him crying and me actually closing the door in his face and locking the door. A door he continued to knock on for quite some time.

  • I’ve been “catcalled” so many times they all blur together into one big “Daaammmnnnn!!!” which then turns into, “bitch!” when I ignore the damn. Sometimes I would respond, at one point when someone was commenting on a friend’s ass I stopped and asked, “Do you think she is going to come and talk to you now???” They didn’t have much to say after that.

This is nothing. These are very tame examples of what women go through every day. I think I am one of the luckier ones that this is all I have experienced so far.

Ladies, you have got to stop being nice! You don’t owe anyone anything. You can come off as a bitch and everything is going to be alright. I have no problem with anyone thinking I am mean or a bitch. I have worn the badge proudly for years. I may be a bitch, but I am not going to let a man rub his dick on me just to be a nice person. I’m not going to not elbow someone in the face when they grab my boob in a crowd of people to not hurt someone’s feelings. They didn't give a shit about my feelings. Many moons ago, when I went to clubs, I was the designated, “She doesn’t like you, please go away.” My friends are wonderful, nice people and didn’t want to insult or offend anyone by walking away of their own accord. Insulting overzealous strangers is where I shine. #blessed

So yeah, grabbing women by the pussy is a thing that happens. A lot. Maybe not that exactly but something similar and equally revolting. And it is NOT OK for the possible future leader of any country to think this is ok behavior. And by voting for him, you are saying it’s fine. Maybe the colors that you shine are surely not your best… #crossfade


No comments:

Post a Comment