Friday, September 16, 2016

Used Bookstore Finds!!




I went to trade some books I was trying to get rid of. I got $7 in credit and 10% off with my frequent shopper card and I left spending $18 which is pretty good for me.

The Hot Zone is supposed to be terrifying so I am pretty pumped about that. It's about a real virus that struck D.C. and I think I may freak out when I read it. It's been on my list for a while. I often read lists of "The scariest books ever" and this one is always on those lists and it's one of the ones I haven't read yet.

The Memphis book was my most expensive purchase at a whopping $8. Being from Memphis and missing it terribly, there was no way I was leaving without it. They had a lot of books about Nashville history and I was like, "No thanks, punks!"

Didn't even know there was a book about Tupac. Needed that.

The book you can't read is Diary of a Mad Housewife. It was in the classics section so I am hoping to get a summary of being a housewife in 1967. I expect to be horrified and angry the entire time.  Also in the classics section was Uncle Tom's Cabin and I expect to be horrified and angry the entire time as well.

I have heard so much shit about the Tatum O'Neal book that I had to get that too.

I love a used book store*. It's like a recycling center for books. If you buy hard copies of books (I have a Kindle I use equally as much as real books), go to a used bookstore. You can spend all day in there and come out with a handful of awesome books for very little. And you are doing your part for the environment and small business. Global crisis and what not. Reduce Reuse Recycle.

*If anyone was wondering, the used bookstore I frequent is the Grumpy Book Peddler in Murfreesboro, TN. It's a cave of all kinds of books and it's wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment